Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cinnabon is a chain of American baked goods stores and kiosks, normally found in high-traffic areas such as malls. The company's signature item is a large cinnamon roll. As of July 2009, over 750 Cinnabon bakeries are in operation in over 30 countries around the world. Its headquarters are located in Sandy Springs, Georgia.
Cinnabon was first opened in the Seattle, Washington, suburb of Federal Way on December 4, 1985, as a single bakery in the Sea Tac Mall. This bakery began by serving only its original Cinnabon Classic. Since this time, Cinnabon has evolved into a franchised company. The first franchise opened in August 1986 in Philadelphia. The company is owned by Focus Brands, an affiliate of private equity firmRoark Capital Group. In 1991, the first Cinnabon outside a mall was opened in Detroit's Wayne County Airport. Today, Cinnabon stores can be found in military bases, malls, airports, university campuses, rapid transit stations, casinos, and amusement parks.
A Cinnabon bakery at a mall in Tracy, California.Cinnabon was bought by AFC Enterprises, Inc., in 1998 for $65 million. In 2004, AFC Enterprises, Inc., sold Cinnabon for $30.3 million toFOCUS Brands, Inc., which is owned by the Atlanta-based private equity firm Roark Capital Group. The headquarters moved to Greater Atlanta in 1999.
- Minibon - a smaller version of the Cinnabon Classic (not available in all locations).
- Minibites or Cinnabites - bite-sized versions of the Cinnabon Classic sold in four-packs.
- Pecanbon Bites - bite-sized version of the Pecanbon roll used with smear instead of caramel. (Introduced 11/02/08)
- Caramel Pecanbon - a classic cinnamon roll topped with caramel and pecans.
- Chocobon - a classic cinnamon roll with chocolate sauce.
- CinnabonStix - sticks of baked Danish pastry dough covered in cinnamon and sugar usually dipped in frosting.
- Churro - a baked Churro with a cinnamon filling (makara cinnamon).
- CinnaPretzel - a soft pretzel made with cinnamon roll dough with a cinnamon roll in the bottom portion of the pretzel (served in certain locations)
- Cupcakes - In 2010, Cinnabon added cupcakes to the menu (discontinued.)
- MochaLatta Chill - a beverage consisting of a blend of chocolate and coffee over ice.
- CarameLatta Chill - discontinued
- Chillatta - a frozen beverage. Available in Chocolate Mocha, Tropical Blast, Strawberry, Strawberry Banana.
- Lemonatta - a frozen beverage based on lemonade. Available in Lemon, Strawberry, and Raspberry.
- Raspberry Lemonade
CinnaPacks are pre-packed boxes of cinnamon rolls available for customers to take home with them. Cinnapacks are cooled down, but have heating instructions on the back of the package. Microwaving is suggested as preferable to warming in an oven.
Cinnabon's buns are actually rolls, or rolled up dough. They are prepared in one of three ways, depending on the store operator's preference: 1) Freezer-To-Oven, also known as FTO, where the rolls are pre-made in a factory and sent to the stores frozen; 2) Prepared Dough, where the dough is received frozen, then is thawed and made into rolls on location; and 3) from scratch, where stores still make the dough fresh in a mixer from flour, a proprietary base mix of dry ingredients, margarine, yeast, etc. Customers can easily recognize the last two preparations, because the rolling process is in plain view if the rolls are made on-site.
Cinnabon Classic Amount Per Serving Calories 880 Calories from Fat 320 Total Fat 36g Total Carbohydrates 127g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 59g
Cinnastix initially come as Danish pastry sticks. A mixture of margarine and vanilla extract is brushed on, then the sticks are dipped in a cinnamon and sugar mixture, twisted, and placed on a pan to bake.